Learn how to set Windows Defender to not scan your computer at its scheduled time if the computer is busy.
Set Windows Defender to Not Scan if System is Busy
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons.
- Click Tools at the top of the Windows Defender Window.
- Click Options in the Settings section of Windows Defender.
- Check off Run a scan only when system is idle and then click Save.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.