Learn how to set Windows Defender to not create a restore point before removing malware in Windows 7.
Set Windows Defender to Not Create a Restore Point
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Tools at the top of the Windows Defender window.
- Select Options in the Settings section of Windows Defender.
- Click Advanced.
- Uncheck Create restore point and then click Save to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.