Learn how to set Windows Defender to not scan archive files (.zip or .cab for example) in Windows 7.
Excluded Compressed Files
- Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Tools at the top of the Windows Defender window.
- Select Options in the settings section of Windows Defender.
- Select Advanced.
- Uncheck Scan archive files and then click Save to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.