Learn how to set Windows Defender to not scan removable drives (flash, USB, or mapped drives for example) in Windows 7.
Don’t Scan Removable Drives
- Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Tools at the top of the Windows Defender window.
- Select Options in the settings section of Windows Defender.
- Select Advanced.
- Uncheck Scan removable drives and then click Save to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.