Learn how to set how Windows Defender deals with malware it finds in Windows 7.
Set Windows Defender’s Default Actions
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons.
- Click Tools at the top of the Windows Defender Window.
- Click Options in the Settings section of Windows Defender.
- Click Default actions.
- Set the default actions (recommended action based on definitions, Remove, or Quarantine) for each level of alert and then click Save.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.