Learn how to show pop-up descriptions for folders and desktop items when you hover over them in Windows 7.
Show Pop-up Descriptions
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Folder Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Folder Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the View tab in the Folder Options window.
- Check off Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.