Learn how to make Windows 7 show protected operating system files.
Show Protected OS Files
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Folder Options in the Control Panel.
Note: If Folder Options is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select the View tab in the Folder Options window.
- Uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Click Yes in the warning box.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.