Learn how to troubleshoot the Stop 0x7A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR Stop Error (BSOD) in Windows 7.
What caused the error?
The Stop 0x7A message indicates that a page of kernel data was not found in virtual memory and could not be read into memory. This error might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.
How do I fix it?
- Make sure the hard drive cables are properly connected. Try running check disk to check the hard drive’s file system for errors.
- Check the computer’s memory for errors.
- Check with the computer’s manufacturer for updated hard drive controller drivers.
- Check the hard drive for cracks or scratches.
- Scan the computer for malware.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.