Learn how to troubleshoot the Stop 0x7F or UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP Stop Error (BSOD) in Windows 7.
What caused the error?
The Stop 0x7F message indicates a bound trap, software problems, or hardware failures.
How do I fix it?
- Try scanning the computers memory for errors.
- If the computer processor is overclocked, slow it down to its recommended speed.
- Check the motherboard for cracks or scratches.
- If you recently updated or installed a new driver, try rolling the driver back or uninstalling it.
- Software or system services can cause this problem. If you recently installed a backup program, multimedia application, antivirus software, or a CD mastering tool, check for an updated version that’s compatible with Windows 7.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.