Learn how to set Windows Defender to take automatic actions when it finds malware in Windows 7.
Turn On Default Actions
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons.
- Click Tools at the top of the Windows Defender Window.
- Click Options in the Settings section of Windows Defender.
- Click Default actions.
- Check off Apply recommended actions and then click Save.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.