Learn how to disable Windows Defender in Windows 7.
Turn Windows Defender Off
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Windows Defender in the Control Panel.
Note: If Windows Defender is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Tools at the top of the Windows Defender window.
- Select Options in the Settings section of Windows Defender.
- Click Administrator.
- Uncheck Use this program and then click Save to save the changes.
- Click Close in the window that pops up.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.