Learn how to decrypt cached files stored on your computer by Offline Files in Windows 7.
Note: You don’t need to unencrypt Offline Files to use them. If your Offline Files are encrypted, they are automatically decrypted when you open them. Unencrypting Offline Files decrypts all files cached by Offline Files on your computer.
Decrypt Offline Files
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open Sync Center in the Control Panel.
Note: If Cync Center is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Click Manage offline files in the left column of the Sync Center window.
- Click the Encryption tab in the Offline Files window.
- Click Unencrypt in the Encryption tab of the Offline Files window.
- All done! Click OK to close the Offline Files window.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.