Learn how to uninstall and delete a driver in Windows 7.
You might have a driver that’s causing a device to not work properly and when you attempt to re-install the driver it tells you the latest version is already installed. This guide shows you how to uninstall and delete the driver for good so you can install a fresh copy.
Uninstall a Driver
- Right-click Computer in the Start Menu and then select Properties.
- Select Advanced system settings in the left column of the System window.
- Select the Hardware tab in the System Properties window.
- Click Device Manager in the Hardware tab of the System Properties window.
- Find and then double-click the device you want to uninstall the driver.
- Select the Driver tab in the device’s properties window.
- Click Uninstall.
- If you’re sure you want to delete the driver click OK. If you want the driver completely removed from the computer check off Delete the driver software for this device.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.