Learn how to use 128-bit encryption file sharing connections in Windows 7.
Use 128-bit Encryption File Sharing Connections in Windows 7
- Open Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- Open Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel.
Note: If Network and Sharing Center is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Change advanced sharing settings in the left column of the Network and Sharing Center.
- Expand the network you want to enable 128-bit file sharing encryption on by clicking the down arrow on the right of the profile.
Note: It’s usually the profile labeled current profile.
- Select Use 128-bit encryption to help protect file sharing connection and then click Save changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.