Use 40 or 56-bit Encryption File Sharing Connections in Windows 7
- Open Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- Open Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel.
Note: If Network and Sharing Center is not available, change View by to Large icons at the top right of the Control Panel.
- Select Change advanced sharing settings in the left column of the Network and Sharing Center.
- Expand the network you want to enable 40 or 56-bit file sharing encryption on by clicking the down arrow on the right of the profile.
Note: It’s usually the profile labeled current profile.
- Select Enable file sharing for devices that use 40- or 56-bit encryption and then click Save changes.