How to change the background of a locked Windows 8 computer.
- Point to the top/bottom right side of your screen with your mouse or swipe in from the right edge of the screen with your finger if your computer is touch enabled.
- Select the gear (Settings) icon.
- Select Change PC Settings.
- Select a background from the standard backgrounds under Lock Screen.
- If you would like to use a picture from your library as a background, select the Browse button at the bottom of the Lock Screen section, select the picture for your background, and then select the Choose picture button at the bottom right of the screen.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.