Add items to the Windows Vista Send To menu.
By default a few items are present in the Send To menu when you right-click a file or folder and select to Send To. This guide explains how to add items to the Send To menu in Windows Vista.
Add Items to the Send To Menu
- Open Computer by clicking the Start button and selecting Computer from the Start menu.
- Click anywhere in the white space of the address bar. The text in the address bar will become highlighted. Erase the text and type the following:
Press Enter on your keyboard and you should see what’s shown in the screen shot below.
You can also type
shell:sendtoin the search box located in the Start Menu to open the SendTo folder.
- You can drag and drop items in this folder and they will be displayed in the Send To menu.
More Send To Details
Here are a few pointers when adding items to the Send To Menu:
- Don’t copy, move, or create folders in the Send To folder. Copy the folder from its location and select to paste a shortcut in the Send To folder.
- You’re not held to just adding folders and drives to the Send To menu. You can also add shortcuts to files and devices.
- The Send To folder is hidden. You should only access it by typing the address in step 2 above.
- Mapped drives are automatically added to the Send To Menu.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.