This guide shows you how to add or remove administrative rights from a user account in Windows Vista.
- Click Control Panel in the Start Menu.
- The control panel has two views. The view you’re using is shown bold in the left column of the control panel.
- Select the user account you want to add or remove administrative rights from.
- Click Change the account type.
- Select Standard user for non-admin rights or Administrator for admin rights.
Note: Only accounts with administrative rights can give other accounts administrative rights.
- Click Change account type to save the changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.