Learn how to adjust the size of a window’s border in Windows Vista.
This guide shows you how to adjust the border padding or thickness of a window border in Windows Vista. Here are a few examples (bottom left corner of a window) of different window border sizes.
From left to right: Border size 0, 4 (default), and 20
Adjust the Window Border Size
- Right-click on an empty space on your desktop and click Personalize.
- Click Window Color and Appearance.
- Click Open classic appearance properties for more color options.
- Click the Advanced button in the Appearance Settings window.
- Select Border Padding in the drop down list under Item.
- Set the number under Size from 0-100. Four is the default border size of a window in Windows Vista.
- Click OK in the Advanced Appearance window.
- Click Apply in the Appearance Settings window to see how it looks.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.