Allow or block specific applications with Application Restrictions in Windows Vista.
Let’s say you have software (excluding games) on your computer you don’t want little Johnny using. You can block little Johnny from using those programs with Application Restrictions in Windows Vista.
Setup Application Restrictions
Note: Before you can turn on Application Restrictions for a user account that account needs to have Parental Controls turned on. Learn how to turn on Parental Controls with the Turn Parental Controls on in Windows Vista guide.
Warning: Not allowing certain programs or parts of programs can cause your computer or programs to not work properly. I would only do this if it’s very necessary.
- Open the Start Menu and click Control Panel.
- Open Parental Controls.
- Select the user you want to turn Application Restrictions on.
- Click Allow and block specific programs.
- Check off Little Johnny can only use the programs I allow.
- Check off only the programs little Johnny can use.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.