Learn how to set a folder view of all folders of a certain file type in Windows Vista.
In this example, I am going to set the folder view of all folders with pictures to medium sized icons.
Apply a Folder View to All Folders
- Open the Pictures folder from the Start Menu.
- Select a view in the Views section at the top of the explorer window that you want to set as the default view for all folders with pictures.
- Press the Alt button on the left side of the spacebar, then click Tools in the hidden bar that appears at the top of the explorer window, and then select Folder Options.
- Click the View tab inside the Folder Options window.
- Click the Apply to Folders button.
- Click OK in the Folder Options window to save the changes.
Now all folders with pictures should show the files as medium sized icons.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.