Brand your copy of Windows Vista with your logo and support information.
You can brand your Windows Vista System page (right-click Computer and choose Properties) with your custom logo, name, support phone number, e-mail, and hours of operation.
Brand Your Copy of Vista
- Download this registry file and save it on your desktop.
- Right-click the registry file you just downloaded, point to Open with and select Choose default program. You should see a screen shot similar to the one below.
- Uncheck Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
- Expand Other Programs by clicking the little arrow all the way to the right of Other Programs and select Notepad from the list.
Click OK and the registry file should open in Notepad.
- Below is what is in the registry file. Change everything in bold.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
“SupportHours”=”24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year“
- If you decide to include a logo it must not be larger than 120 x 120 pixels and must be in .bmp format.
- C:\\ is correct. If you saved your logo in a folder called logo in the root of your C: drive it should look like C:\\logo\\M.bmp.
- Once you’ve finished editing your registry file, save it.
- Warning: Editing the registry can result in data loss and system crashes if done wrong. Run this at your own risk.
Run the registry file and agree to any of the messages that pop up.
- Restart your computer.
- Right-click Computer in the Start Menu and select Properties to see your branded computer.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.