Learn how to change the IP Address of your Windows Vista computer.
- Click the Start orb, and then select Control Panel.
- Make sure you’re in Classic View by clicking Classic View on the left of the Control Panel.
- Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage Network Connections on the left side of Network and Sharing Center.
- Double-click the network connection you want to change the IP address of.
- Click Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4.
- By default a network connection is set to automatically obtain an IP address from another computer.
Select Use the following IP address and then enter the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and the preferred and alternate DNS IP addresses.
- Click OK in the Internet Protocol 4 window.
- Click OK in the Network Connection Properties window.
- Click Close in the Network Connection Status window.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.