Set what type or specific games that can or can’t be played on a Windows Vista PC.
Let’s say you don’t want little Johnny playing specific games or games with a Mature ESRB rating. This can be easily controlled with Windows Vista Game Controls.
Turn Game Controls On
Note: Before you can turn on Game Controls for a user account that account needs to have Parental Controls turned on. Learn how to turn on Parental Controls with the Turn Parental Controls on in Windows Vista guide.
- Open the Start Menu and click Control Panel.
- Open Parental Controls.
- Select the user you want to turn Game Controls on.
- Click Games.
- You can allow or disallow this user to play games under Can Little Johnny play games.
Allow or disallow games by their ESRB rating
- Click Set game ratings.
- Select whether you want to allow games with no ESRB rating to be allowed.
- Next select the highest rating little Johnny can play under Which ratings are ok for…
Block or allow specific games
- Click Block or allow specific games.
- Find the game you want to always allow or block in the list and check off whether to allow or block it.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.