Learn how to create a custom power scheme in Windows Vista.
Windows Vista comes with 3 pre configured power plans for you to use. This guide shows you how to create your own custom power plan based on your computer’s power needs.
Create a Custom Power Scheme
- Right-click an empty space on your desktop and then select Personalize.
- Click Screen Saver.
- Click Change power settings under Power Management in the Screen Saver Settings window.
- Click Create a power plan on the left side of the Power Options window.
- Select an existing power plan as the template for your custom power plan.
- Give your custom power plan a name under Plan name.
- Click Next.
- Set the general settings for your custom power plan.
- Click Create.
- Fine-tune the power plan’s advanced power settings.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.