Learn how to create a shortcut that opens the Network Connections folder.
Create a Shortcut to the Network Connections Folder
- Open the Network Connections window by clicking Start, Control Panel.
- Make sure the Control Panel is in classic view by clicking Classic view in the left column of the Control Panel.
- Open Network and sharing center.
- Click Manage network connections in the left column of the Network and Sharing Center window.
Phew… Now that we went through a bunch of steps to open the Network Connections window, let’s make a shortcut on the desktop that will go straight to the Network Connections folder.
- Click the icon to the left of where it says Control Panel in the Network Connections window (top left) with your left mouse button.
- While holding the left mouse button down drag the icon over an empty space of your desktop and let it go to drop it there.
Now you have a shortcut on your desktop that will open the Network Connections folder.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.