This guide shows you how to properly delete a user account in Windows Vista.
This guide shows you how to properly delete a user account in Windows Vista by deleting the account, profile folder, and registry entries.
Delete a User Account
- Open the Control Panel, open User Accounts, and then click Manage another user account.
- Click the user account you want to delete.
- Click Delete this account.
- Decide if you want to keep or delete that user’s files. I’m going to delete them in this example.
- If you’re sure you want to delete the account click Delete Account.
Delete the profile and registry entires
- Open the Control Panel, open System, and then click Advanced system settings.
- Click the Settings button next to User Profiles.
- Select Account Unknown and click Delete.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.