Find the IP Address or network name of your computer.
Occasionally you need to know the IP Address or name of a computer for purposes of browsing to it across a network. This guide shows you how to find both of them.
Find the IP Address
- Type cmd in the search box in the Start Menu and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Type ipconfig in the command prompt and then press Enter on your keyboard.
- A list of all network adapters on your computer will show up including the IP address of each.
Find the Computer Name
- Click the Start button and then right-click Computer and select Properties.
- Look about half way down the window and you’ll see the computer name.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.