Learn how to set up a WebDAV share in Windows Vista.
A WebDAV share enables you to access a network location just like any other folder on your computer.
In this example I’m setting up a WebDAV share to a location on a Sysinternals Live web site.
Create a WebDAV Share
- Click Computer in the Start menu.
- Right-click anywhere in the white space of the Computer window and select Add a Network Location.
- Click Next in the welcome window.
- Click Choose a custom network location.
- Type the address of the WebDAV share in the Internet or network address box and then click Next.
- Give the new network location a name and then click Next.
- Click Finished and you’re done!
Now when you open Computer in the Start menu you’ll see the WebDAV share you’ve just created.
Open the share and it looks like any other folder. You can run programs and open files just like you would in any other folder.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.