This guide shows you how to disable a service in Windows Vista.
Disable a Service
- Open the Control Panel in the Start menu.
- Make sure the Control Panel is in classic view by clicking classic view in the left column of the Control Panel.
- Open Administrative Tools.
- Open Services.
- Right-click the service you want to disable and then click Properties.
- Select Disabled for the Startup type.
To re-enable a service in Windows Vista, follow the steps above but select Automatic as the Startup type.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.