This guide shows you how to export e-mail messages in Windows Mail for Windows Vista.
- Open Windows Mail.
- Click File.
- Point at Export and then select Messages.
- Select Microsoft Windows Mail in the Select Program window and then click Next.
- Click Browse in the next window to choose a place to save the backup.
- Navigate to where you want to save the backed up e-mail in the Save box.
- When you’ve navigated to where you want to save the backup, type the name of the backup in the Folder box and then click Select Folder.
- Click Next in the Windows Mail Export window to select what to export.
- Select All to export everything or choose a certain folder to export messages from in the Select Folders window.
- Click Next to start the backup.
When the export is finished a folder with the name you typed in step 7 above will appear with the exported messages inside.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.