Learn how to upgrade Windows Vista to a better edition using Windows Anytime Upgrade.
Let’s say you purchased a computer with Vista Home Basic and you want the features of Home Premium. Windows Anytime Upgrade makes it easy and cheaper to upgrade Windows Vista to a better edition.
Perform an Anytime Upgrade
- Open the Start menu, All Programs, Extras and Upgrades, and click Windows Anytime Upgrade.
- Click Compare the editions of Windows Vista to see which editions are available to upgrade your computer.
- You’ll be taken to a website where you can purchase an upgrade. Decide which upgrade you want to purchase and then click the Buy button. Need help finding out what edition of Windows Vista your computer has? Click here.
- Go through the steps to purchase the upgrade.
- The upgrade disk will be mailed to you. When you receive the disk insert it into your DVD drive and follow the instructions.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.