Learn how to make hidden and system files visible in Windows Vista.
It’s possible to make files and folders seem to disappear in Windows. This is done to keep less experience people from deleting or changing files that were not meant to be seen.
This guide shows you how to make hidden and system (core files used to run Windows) files visible in Windows Vista.
View Hidden and System Files
- Click the Start button and then click Computer in the Start Menu.
- Press the Alt key on the right side of your keyboard.
- A hidden menu will appear in the Computer window. Click Tools and then select Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folders to view hidden files and folders.
- Uncheck Hide Protected operating system files (Recommended) to view hidden system files.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.