Learn how to record sound with a microphone using Sound Recorder in Windows Vista.
Windows Vista has a tool called Sound Recorder that records sound from a microphone at 96 Kbps in .wma format. This is ideal for recording a voice message or something like a lecture in a class.
This guide shows you how to use the Sound Recorder in Windows Vista.
- Plug-in your microphone or other input device.
- Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, and then open Sound Recorder.
- When you’re ready to start recording sound click Start Recording.
- When you’re finished recording click Stop Recording.
- When you click Stop Recording a save as window will immediately open. Browse to the location you want to save the sound file at, give it a name, and then click Save.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.