Learn how-to restore Windows Vista’s registry to a backed up copy.
Restore the Registry in Windows Vista
- Right-click Computer in the Start menu and then select Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings on the left of the System window.
- Select the System Protection tab in the System Properties window.
- Click System Restore.
- You can choose to restore the registry using the last restore point by selecting Recommended restore. In this example I’m going to choose which restore point I want to choose by selecting Choose a different restore point and then clicking Next.
- Select the restore point you want to use and then click Next.
- Confirm what you’re about to do and then click Finish.
Your computer will restart with the restore point applied.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.