How to restore your entire computer from a Complete PC Backup Restore Image in Windows Vista.
This guide shows you how to restore a backup created by Windows Complete PC backup and Restore Image.
Warning: When you restore this type of backup everything you’ve done since that backup was created will be lost. This includes new programs, settings, and all files like pictures and music.
Restore a Backup
- Insert your Windows Vista DVD and then restart your computer.
- Press any key to boot to the DVD.
- Select your language and then click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Select which operating system you want to restore (there’s usually only one) and the click Next.
- Click Windows Complete PC Restore.
- By default the Complete PC Restore wizard picks the latest backup to restore if there’s more than one to choose from. If you want to restore the latest backup, click Next.
You can restore a different backup by selecting Restore a different backup and then press Next. Pick which backup to restore from the list and then click Next.
- Click Finished in the confirmation window to start the restore process.
- Click OK on the warning box to start the restore.
- Your computer will restart and the restore will be done.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.