Learn how to set the thickness of the blinking cursor in Windows Vista.
This guide shows you how to change the thickness of the blinking cursor (located anywhere you can type text in Windows or programs like Word or Excel) from 1 to 20 pixels wide in Windows Vista.
Setting the blinking cursor to a wider setting can help people who are visually impaired see it better.
Change the Thickness of the Blinking Cursor
- Click the Start orb and then select Control Panel in the Start menu.
- Click Classic view on the left side of the Control Panel.
- Open the Ease of Access Center.
- Click Make the computer easier to see.
- Scroll down the bottom of the Make the computer easier to see window and change the cursor width next to Set the thickness of the blinking cursor.
- When you’re finished, click Save to save your changes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.