This guide shows you how to change the settings of the power button on Windows Vistas start menu to make it shut down your computer when pressed.
By default the power button on Windows Vistas start menu makes your computer hibernate instead of shutting it down when pressed. This guide shows you how to change the settings of the power button on Windows Vistas start menu.
Set Vistas Start Menu Power Button
To change Windows Vistas power button on the start menu to turn the computer off instead of making the computer hibernate do the following:
- Right-click your desktop and click Personalize.
- Click Screen Saver.
- Click Change power settings in the power management section of the Screen saver settings window.
- Click Change plan settings under the plan selected.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- The power options window should be open now. You might have to click change settings that are currently unavailable to go further.
- Click the + to expand Power buttons and lid.
- Now expand Start Menu power button.
- Change hibernate to shutdown.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.