By default Windows Update for Windows Vista only delivers updates for the Windows Vista operating system. Did you know that you can set up Windows Updated for Windows Vista to deliver updates for other Microsoft products and services other than Windows Vista?
This is a great feature to keep Microsoft Office, Windows Defender, and other Microsoft products up-to-date effortlessly.
Here’s a list of supported products and services Windows Update for Windows Vista can be set to deliver:
- Microsoft Office System
- Windows Defender
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server
- Microsoft Data Protection Manager
Set Windows Update to Get Updates For More Products
- Click the Start orb, All Programs, and then select Windows Update.
- Click Get updates for more products located at the bottom of the Windows Update window.
- You’ll be taken to a website where you must accept their terms of service and then download and install an add-on for Windows Updated that enables it to deliver updates to more programs and services.
- When the add-on is installed Windows Update will be restarted and it will check for updates.
From now on Windows Update will update Windows Vista and supported software and services listed above.