Learn how to show or hide the Computer (same as My Computer), Recycle Bin, User’s Files (same as My Documents), Control Panel, and Network icons on Windows Vista’s desktop.
Show / Hide Desktop Icons
- Right-click an empty space on your desktop and then select Personalize.
- Click Change desktop icons in the upper left corner of the Personalization window.
- Check the icons you want to show and uncheck icons you don’t want to show on your desktop under Desktop icons.
The names of the icons have changed a little since previous versions of Windows so I’ll list a few of them with a description of what each is.
- Computer: Same as My Computer
- User’s Files: Same as My Documents
- Network: Same as Network Places
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.