How-to troubleshoot the Stop Message: Stop 0x7F or UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP.
One of these three problems occurred:
- A condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept (also known as bound trap).
- Software problems.
- Hardware failures.
Resolving the Problem
Before you can fix this problem you need to figure out what caused it. Did you recently install new software or hardware? This will help out a lot when troubleshooting the problem.
- Stop 0x7F messages are typically caused by bad memory hardware. If you recently installed more memory, remove it and see if that fixes the problem. You should also run a memory diagnostics test to make sure your memory is working OK.
- Overclocking a CPU can cause heat buildup which can cause 0x7F errors. Try slowing down the CPU or cool down the computer.
- Check your computer’s motherboard for cracks or scratches.
- If you recently installed or upgraded software, try uninstalling it.
- If you recently installed or upgraded drivers, try uninstalling them or roll them back.
- If you recently installed or upgraded system services, try uninstalling or disable them.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.