This error message indicates driver, system file, or disk corruption problems (such as a damaged paging file). Faulty memory hardware can also cause this problem.
Resolving the Problem
Before you can fix this problem you need to figure out what caused it. Did you recently install new software or hardware? This will help out a lot when troubleshooting the problem.
- If you recently installed a new driver, uninstall it. If you recently updated a driver, try rolling it back  to a previous working version.
- Try booting Windows in its last known good configuration .
- Try using the startup repair tool .
- Use system restore to revert back to a previous restore point .
- Run Windows Vista’s memory diagnostics program  to check your RAM for errors.