Learn how to set Windows Vista to go directly to your desktop when it resumes from hibernation or sleep instead of asking you for a password or having you click on your user account to get to your desktop.
- Right-click an empty space on your desktop and then select Personalize.
- Click Screen Saver.
- Click Change power settings.
- Click Change plan settings under the current Power Plan you’re using.
- Click Change advanced power settings. Stay with me, we’re almost there.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to unlock these settings.
- Set Require a password on wakeup to no under Additional settings.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Now your computer will go straight to your desktop when it resumes from hibernation or sleep.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.