How-to take a screen shot (snip) of the Start Menu or any other menu using the Snipping Tool in Windows Vista.
Taking a screen shot of a window or your entire computer screen is easy with the Snipping Tool. Taking a screen shot of a menu like the Start Menu or the menu that appears when you right click a file is a little harder with the Snipping Tool but not impossible.
Capture a Screen Shot of a Menu
Here are the steps to take a screen shot (snip) of a menu using the Snipping Tool:
- Open the Snipping Tool and press Esc on your keyboard to cancel the current screen capture.
- Make the menu you want to capture appear.
- Press Ctrl + Prnt Scrn (print screen key) on your keyboard while the menu is in view.
- Click the arrow next to New in the Snipping Tool and select the type of snip you want to use to capture the screen shot.
- Click New to start the capture and then make the capture based on the type of snip you selected.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.