Backup and Restore
- Create a Mapped Folder to an FTP Location - This guide shows you how to map a folder to an FTP location in Windows Vista.
- Change the Network Location Type - This guide shows you how to change your network location type in Windows Vista.
- Turn Network Discovery On - Turn network discovery on in Windows Vista to browse networks and share files and folders on your computer.
- Change the Workgroup Name - Change your computers workgroup name in Windows Vista.
- Share Your Public Folder - Share your public folder so that people can access it across a network.
- Share a Folder in Windows Vista - Learn how to share a folder in Windows Vista.
- Browse a Network - Learn how to browse a network in Windows Vista.
- Share a Printer - Learn how to share a printer on your network in Windows Vista.
- Find Your Computers Name and IP Address - Find the IP Address or network name of your computer.
- Map a Shared Folder - Learn how to map a shared folder in Windows Vista.
- Disable Remote Differential Compression - Speed up file transfers across a network in Windows Vista by disabling Remote Differential Compression.
- Windows Vista File and Printer Sharing Ports - This guide shows you which ports need to be opened in order to share files and printers in Windows Vista.
- Manage Network Sessions - This guide shows you how to manage network sessions (computers connected to your computer via a network) in Windows Vista.
- Install SNMP in Windows Vista - How-to Enable Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) support in Windows Vista.
- Change My IP Address in Windows Vista - Learn how to change the IP Address of your Windows Vista computer.
- Assign Two IP Addresses to One Network Connection - Learn how to assign two sets of IP settings to one network connection in Windows Vista.
- Set Up Internet Connection Sharing In Windows Vista - Learn how to share a Windows Vista computer’s internet connection with other computer(s) on a network using ICS instead of a router.
- Quickly Open the Properties of a Network Connection in Windows Vista - How-to create a shortcut in Windows Vista that can quickly disable, enable, bridge, diagnose, or open a network connection’s properties.
- How to Create a WebDAV Share in Windows Vista - Learn how to set up a WebDAV share in Windows Vista.
- Create a Shortcut That Quickly Opens the Network Connections Folder in Vista - Learn how to create a shortcut that opens the Network Connections folder.
- Hide a Windows Vista Computer from Other Computers on a Network - How to hide your Windows Vista computer from others on a network or the Vista network map.
- Install the LLTD Protocol on Pre-Vista Computers - How-to install Microsoft’s Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) protocol on Windows XP, and Server 2003.
- Selecting Multiple Files or Folders - Multiple files or folders can be selected many different ways. This guides shows you most of the ways to select multiple files.
- Compress and Uncompress a Folder or File in Windows Vista - Learn how to zip and unzip files and folders with Windows Vistas built in compression function.
- Set Vistas Start Menu Power Button to Turn Off Computer Instead Of Hibernating - This guide shows you how to change the settings of the power button on Windows Vistas start menu to make it shut down your computer when pressed.
- Set Windows Vista to Automatically Login a User - Tired of logging into Windows Vista every time you boot up your computer? This guide shows you how to use the netplwiz command to make Windows Vista automatically log you in when your computer boots up.
- Save Disk Space with NTFS Compression - How-to save a little hard drive space with NTFS compression in Windows Vista.
- Install IIS7 on Windows Vista - How to install Internet Information Services 7 (IIS7) on Windows Vista and use Vista as a web server.
- Delete a User Account - This guide shows you how to properly delete a user account in Windows Vista.
- Manage Stored User Names and Passwords - This guide shows you how to manage Stored User Names and Passwords in Windows Vista.
- View Your Product Key - View your Windows Vista or previous versions of Windows product key.
- Reset a Forgotten Administrative User Account Password in Windows Vista - Learn how to reset a forgotten administrator user account password in Windows Vista without knowing the original password.
- Change the Registered User and Company Name - Change the registered user and company names in Windows Vista.
- Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Vista - Burn a CD or DVD without using additional software in Windows Vista.
- Can Not Delete a Folder in Windows Vista - Learn how to delete a folder that has been protected with special rights by the software that put it there.
- Windows Vista Hangs At a Black Screen When Booting Up - This guide shows one method of fixing Windows Vista if it stops at a black screen when it boots up.
- Windows Vista Shell Command - Learn how to use Windows Vista’s Shell command to quickly and easily open hard to find locations and objects.
- Understanding the Sleep Power State in Windows Vista - This guide explains how the sleep power state (new in Windows Vista) works and what to watch out for when using it.
- Stop the Windows Has Blocked Some Startup Programs Pop-Up Box from Appearing - Stop the Windows has blocked some startup programs pop-up box from showing up in the task bar after you run the msconfig or Windows Defender startup tools.
- How-to Use ReadyBoost - This guide shows you how to use ReadyBoost to speed up a sluggish Windows Vista computer.
- Restart Windows Vista Quicker With a Warm Boot - Shave a few seconds off the boot up time of Windows Vista by performing a warm boot when restarting your computer.
- Boot Windows Vista Up In Safe Mode - This guide shows you how to boot Windows Vista up in Safe Mode.
- Windows Vista Memory Diagnostic - Learn how to scan your computer’s memory (RAM) for errors with Windows Vista’s Memory Diagnostics tool.
- Copy an Error Message - Learn how to copy the text of an error message in Windows Vista.
- How-to Create a Windows Vista IIS7 MySQL PHP Web Server - Learn how to create a Windows Vista powered web server running IIS7, MySQL, and PHP.
- Windows Vista Startup Repair Tool - Learn how to fix most startup problems in Windows Vista with the Startup Repair tool.
- Turn Hibernation Back On in Windows Vista - Has your computer stopped hibernating all of a sudden? This guide shows why hibernation is sometimes turned off and how to turn hibernation back on in Windows Vista.
- Turn Hybrid Sleep On in Windows Vista - Learn about Hybrid Sleep in Windows Vista and how to turn it on.
- Shrink a Volume in Windows Vista - How-to shrink a volume (drive or partition) in Windows Vista, create a new volume from the unallocated (empty) space created, and then format the new volume.
- Extend a Volume in Windows Vista - How-to increase the size of a volume (drive or partition) in Windows Vista.
- How-to Change a File Extension - Learn how to change a file’s extension in Windows Vista.
- Record Sound in Windows Vista - Learn how to record sound with a microphone using Sound Recorder in Windows Vista.
- Convert a MBR Disk to a GPT Disk - Learn how to convert a Master Boot Record (MBR) disk to a Globally Unique Identifier Partition Table (GPT) disk in Windows Vista.
- Create a Striped Volume - Learn how to double your hard drive throughput by creating a striped volume in Windows Vista.
- How-to Setup Disk Quotas in Windows Vista - Learn how to configure disk quotas in Windows Vista to limit the amount of disk space a user can use on a single computer.
- How-to Import and Export Power Schemes - This guide shows you how to export and import power schemes in Windows Vista.
- Windows Experience Index Score Explained - This guide explains what the Experience Index Score is and how to use it when buying a new Windows Vista computer.
- Turn Parental Controls On In Windows Vista - Learn how to turn on Parental Controls in Windows Vista.
- Windows Vista Activity Reporting - Learn how to turn on and use Windows Vista Parental Controls Activity Reporting.
- Windows Vista Web Filter - Take control of what type of web content certain users have access to with Windows Vista’s Web Filter.
- Windows Vista Time Limits - Control when a user can use the computer with Windows Vista Time Limits.
- Control What Games Can Be Played On Windows Vista - Set what type or specific games that can or can’t be played on a Windows Vista PC.
- Allow or Block Specific Programs in Windows Vista - Allow or block specific applications with Application Restrictions in Windows Vista.
- How-to Set Up Parental Controls - Learn how to set up and use parental controls in Windows Vista to monitor your kid’s computer usage.
- Disable InPrivate Blocking Data Mode in Internet Explorer 8 - This guide shows you how to turn off InPrivate or “porn mode” in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
- Windows Media Center Parental Controls - Learn how to set up Parental Controls in Windows Media Center for Windows Vista.
- How to Install a Clean Copy of Windows Vista - This guide shows you step-by-step (with screen shots) how to install a clean copy of Windows Vista with or without a product key.
- How to Upgrade Windows XP to Windows Vista - This guide shows you step-by-step (with screen shots) how to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista.
- Order Windows Vista On CDs - Find out where you can order Windows Vista on CDs instead of a DVD.
- How to Evaluate Windows Vista For Up To 120 Days - Learn how to legally evaluate any copy of Windows Vista for up to 120 days.
- Windows Vista Upgrade Adviser - Before you upgrade your computer from Windows XP to Vista you need to use the Windows Vista Upgrade Adviser to make sure your hardware and software are compatible with Windows Vista. This guide walks you through using the Windows Vista Upgrade Adviser to make sure your hardware and software are compatible with Windows Vista.
- Install Windows Vista without a Product Key - Learn how to install any version of Windows Vista without a product key and use it legally for 30 days.
- Windows Vista Clean Install - How-to perform a clean install of Windows Vista.
- Windows Vista Upgrade Install - How-to upgrade your previous version of Windows to Windows Vista.
- Uninstall Windows Vista - Learn how to revert back to a previous version of Windows after upgrading to Windows Vista.
- Stop Vista from Automatically Activating After Installation - Stop Windows Vista from automatically activating itself after being installed.
- How-to Evaluate Windows Vista - This guide shows you a few ways you can try Windows Vista before you buy it.
- How to Dual Boot Windows Vista - Learn how to dual boot Windows Vista with Windows XP or any previous version of Windows.
- Repair Windows Vista - Get your computer running again after receiving an error “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.” from the boot manager in Windows Vista.
- Run Software in Application Compatibility Mode - Some older software packages won’t run in Windows Vista. This guide shows you how to run older software packages in an emulated environment of a previous version of Windows.
- Install Games in Windows Vista Business - Learn how-to install those good old games (Solitaire, Minesweeper, FreeCell, and a few new ones, Chess Titans, InkBall, Mahjong Titans, and Purple Place) in Windows Vista Business edition.
- Installing Windows Vista without Setting It Up - How to install Windows Vista and leave the set up to be completed by the computer’s user.
- Check the Activation Status of Windows Vista - Learn how to check the activation status of a Windows Vista computer.
- How Does Windows Product Activation Work - Learn how Microsoft’s Windows Product Activation (WPA) works.
- Configure Windows Driver Update Settings - Set up how you want Windows Vista to install drivers when a new device is connected to your computer.
- Manually Update or Install a Driver in Windows Vista - This guide shows you how to manually update or install a driver in Windows Vista.
- Uninstall a Driver in Windows Vista - This guide shows you how to uninstall a driver in Windows Vista.
- Roll Back a Driver in Windows Vista - This guide shows you how to roll a driver back to a previous version in Windows Vista.
- What Happens When Windows Vista’s Evaluation Period Runs Out - Find out what happens when Windows Vista with SP1 is not activated and becomes non-genuine.
- What Version of Windows Vista Do I Have - Learn how to find out what edition of Vista your computer has.
- How to Perform an Anytime Upgrade in Windows Vista - Learn how to upgrade Windows Vista to a better edition using Windows Anytime Upgrade.
- Create a Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista - How-to create a USB drive you can install Windows Vista from.
- Add a Folder to Vista Search Index - Add a new folder to Windows Vista’s search index.
- Change the Windows Vista Search Index Location - Learn how to change the location of Windows Vista’s search engine index.
- Search Windows Photo Gallery for Pictures - Learn how to search pictures in Windows Photo Gallery using tags, ratings, and captions.
- Rebuild Windows Vista’s Search Index - Learn how to manually rebuild Windows Vista’s search index.
- Enable Natural Language Search in Windows Vista - How-to enable natural language search in Windows Vista and a brief description on how to use it.
- Adjust the Opacity of Windows Vista Sidebar Gadgets - Learn how to adjust the opacity of gadgets in Windows Vista.
- Uninstall a Gadget in Windows Vista Sidebar - Learn how to uninstall a gadget from the Windows Vista sidebar and your computer.
- Disable the Windows Vista Sidebar - Stop the sidebar from showing up when Windows Vista boots up.
- Windows Vista Sidebar Arrangement - Modify the arrangement properties of Windows Vista’s sidebar.
- Enable the Windows Sidebar - Learn how to enable the Windows Vista Sidebar.
- Launch the Snipping Tool and Take a Screen Shot with a Keystroke - How-to set the Snipping Tool to take a screen shot (snip) when a keystroke is pressed instead of having to open the Snipping Tool from the Start Menu.
- Take a Screen Shot of a Menu with the Snipping Tool in Windows Vista - How-to take a screen shot (snip) of the Start Menu or any other menu using the Snipping Tool in Windows Vista.
- Capture a Screen Shot Using the Snipping Tool in Windows Vista - Learn how to capture screen shots in Windows Vista using the Snipping Tool.
- How-to Flip an Image Using Microsoft Paint - Learn how to flip a picture vertically or horizontally using Microsoft Paint in Windows Vista.
- How-to Rotate an Image Using Microsoft Paint - Learn how to rotate a picture 90, 180, or 270 degrees using Microsoft Paint in Windows Vista.