This guide shows you how to enable and use the Windows Media Player toolbar.
Windows Media Player has a nifty toolbar that sits in your taskbar next to the time and lets you control Windows Media Player while you do other things.
Enable the WMP Toolbar
- Right-click the taskbar, point at Toolbars, and then select Windows Media Player.
- To show the Windows Media Player toolbar simply minimize Windows Media Player.
Using the WMP Toolbar
- Controlling WMP: Simply use the Stop, Play, Pause, Rewind, and Fast Forward buttons to control your media.
- Volume Management: Click the little speaker next to the fast forward button to mute. To adjust the volume press the down arrow next to the little speaker and then adjust the volume left or right.
- Maximize WMP: Click the little WMP icon (all the way on the left of the WMP toolbar) or click the maximize button (far bottom right) to maximize WMP.
- View Visualizations and Video: Click the arrows that point up and down (far top right) to show or hide visualizations if you’re listening to music or video if your viewing a video.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.