Learn how to fix most startup problems in Windows Vista with the Startup Repair tool.
You turn your Windows Vista computer on and the damn thing won’t boot up. What do you do now?
This guide shows you how to use the Startup Repair tool included on your Windows Vista DVD to fix most boot problems in Windows Vista automatically for you. The Startup Repair tool will look for and replace corrupted system files.
- Insert your Windows Vista DVD and then restart your computer.
- Press any key or the appropriate function key (depends on your computer) to boot to the DVD.
- When your computer has booted to the DVD select your language and then press Next.
- Click Repair your computer on the next screen.
- Select the operating system your want to repair. There is usually only one here unless you’re dual booting.
- Click Startup Repair on the next screen.
- The Startup Repair tool will attempt to fix your computer and get it booting up again.
You don’t have to do anything from here on. Your computer might reboot a few times and it might be a few minutes before it finishes.
Still need help? Ask your computer question now.